The Fedw was built in the 16th century. The approximate date is around 1586. It was then used as a hunting lodge for a city gentleman from London. Although the house has been modernised for the twentieth century it still maintains many of its original features:
We have restored many of the original features exposing inglenook fire places, beams and the magnificent Jacobean Oak staircase with Hound Gate.